This yummy summer salad will feed a LOT of people, I would say about 12 as a side dish. You can of course divide the recipe as appropriate.
- quinoa, 2 cups
- red cabbage, chopped, 2 cups
- fuji apples, 2 meduim
- fresh mint leaves, chopped, about 1 cup
- fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
- avocados, 2
- raw pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup
- apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup
- olive oil, 1/3 cup
- fresh ground salt and pepper
- Rinse quinoa and cook according to package directions. Usually for about 15 minutes with 4 cups of water.
- Cool quinoa in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Combine the cabbage, apples, mint basil and lemon juice in a large bowl, then stir in the quinoa, seeds, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. You may want to add a bit more lemon juice, too.
- Return to the refrigerator, then directly before serving, cube and stir in the avocado.