Here is a scarf I recently finished using a skein containing several different yarns tied into one. The yarn was pretty difficult to work with, and I probably won’t use it again, but I think it turned out nice in the end. I didn’t love it as just a regular scarf, so I added the button to give it a bit more of a finished look.
I didn’t create this pattern – it came with the yarn, which is from Coats. It really is a great one, and I plan to use it again with a different type of yarn, maybe even modified to accommodate a shawl. Here it is, in case you’d like to give it a go!
- Using size 10 needles (6mm), cast on 34 sts
- Row 1: K2, *P5tog (K1, P1, K1, P1, K1) all in to next st; repeat from * to last 2 sts; K2.
- Row 2: Purl.
- Row 3:K2, *P5tog (K1, P1, K1, P1, K1) all in to next st; repeat from * to last 2 sts; K2.
- Row 4: Purl.
- Row 5: *K1, yarn over 3 times; repeat from * to last st; K1.
- Row 6: Purl, letting yo from row 5 drop off – 34 sts.
- Repeat rows 1-6 until you’re ready to bind off (pattern calls for 45″, but I didn’t measure). Bind off after row 4.